It will take you hours to pack and load all your items in a moving truck, especially if you are not able to prepare before the big move. If you want to make the task easy and manageable, you can go ahead and check the tips I have for you below, which will not only make your life a lot easier when moving, but will also make the process a lot more quicker.
Understanding the ways to load your moving truck is beneficial because this will ensure you of maximizing the space that you have, to avoid consuming more time going back and forth. Furthermore, understanding the right ways to load your moving truck is helpful, so you will not end up damaging your items inside, which is more likely to happen, if you just toss them inside and not placing them nicely and evenly.
Professionals and experts in packing and moving say that it is all in the preparation and organization. Here are some professional tips that you might want to consider, to make sure that everything will go well during the move.
Proper Steps In Loading Your Moving Truck
1. It is not usual for a family to own a moving truck. Therefore, you need to rent one. Renting moving trucks is easy, but you need to do this ahead of time, so you can scout for the best offers within your area. Choose the one that is appropriate to the number of items you have. Most often than not, truck capacity is gauged depending on the number of rooms you have in your house, and the type of house as well.
2. If you are hiring the truck only, and you will not hire it with professionals who can help you load your stuff, you have to make sure that there will be extra hands to help you lift and load the items in the truck.
3. You will also need extra equipment like lifts, ramp, or dolly, which will help you load the items in to the truck, especially the heavy ones.
4. You should also prepare nets, ropes, and other packaging items that will secure your boxes and big items inside, and prevent it from moving around while on the road.
5. Items such as beds and tables can be disassembled. Doing this will allow you more space inside the moving truck. Make sure to keep the knots and bolts with you, so assembly will be easy once you arrive in your new home.
6. Large items normally come in first. Heavier items should stay at the bottom, and the lighter boxes should go on top. Make sure proper labeling is done, so that you will know what is prone to breaking and damage.
7. Bend your knees and not your back when lifting heavy boxes. This will prevent you from having back injuries.
8. Use gloves and comfortable clothing when moving
9. Your loading truck should contain everything you need to move, except your personal items. Such items should go inside your personal car, especially if you have someone helping you out.
These are the ways that you can consider, if you want to have an easy and smooth work while loading your moving truck.