Understanding the Importance of a Moving Insurance
27 August 2014
Moving from one place to another is tiring and overwhelming. This is true, especially if you are moving to another place that is far from your original home.
Hiring professional moving service will give you the peace of mind that everything will go smoothly. From the packing, sorting, up to the transporting, and unloading, the professional moving service will be able to help you out.
However, when you are moving long distance, you might want to consider getting insurance for your items, so that you will be covered in case something happens to your items during transit.
While professional moving services will guarantee you that every piece of your items at home will be safe and sound during the transit, no one can always guarantee accidents or unfortunate events that might happen along the way.
Most professional moving services will present you with some Moving insurance options that you can check out, so you can choose the type of coverage that you want for your things during the move.
The different insurance options will obviously have different rates that will be added on top of the normal rates you need to pay for your move. Moving insurance may cause you more, but at least, you can be sure that your items will be covered in case of an unfortunate event.
There are several type of moving insurance, and these will vary depending on the type of moving company you are working with. Just to name a few most common types of moving insurances, please see the details below.
Types Of Moving Insurance
1. Moving insurance based on declared value – in this type of insurance, your items are covered, based on the weight. Normally, if the move is just within the state, coverage is at least $30 per a hundred pounds. But if your move is from one state to another, the coverage can be at least $50 per a hundred pounds.
2. Lump Sum Insurance – in this type of insurance, your items are covered depending on actual value of your item in terms of price.
3. Full insurance – in this type of insurance, you can be sure of having full coverage. This is the most expensive type of moving insurance, but the one that will give you the most peace of mind.
To make sure that you are getting the best offer for the moving insurance, what you can do is to ask for quote from each moving company that you are eyeing, at the same time when you are shopping for the best offer for moving service.
When you add moving insurance to your hired service from a moving company, you will be able to claim in case these situation happens:
1. If any of your items is found to be damaged during the transit
2. If any of your items get lost during the transit time
With a good moving insurance, you can always be sure that your valued item will be properly taken care of during the move.
The article was brought to us by E-Z Moving Salt Lake City, local moving company out of Utah. For more articles and moving tips visit E-Z Moving Blog.